The Presidential Distinguished Rank Award Banquet
The Presidential Distinguished Rank Award Banquet, sponsored by the SEA Professional Development League honors the recipients of the Presidential Distinguished Rank Award of Distinguished Executive, the nation's highest civil service award. Each year, the President of the United States recognizes a maximum of 1 percent of the members of the Senior Executive Service for outstanding achievements in public service as well as a proportionate number of senior-level (SL) and scientific and professional (ST) executives.
In years where no ceremony is held at the White House, the banquet is the only public recognition honorees receive. Their documented achievements save the American public billions of dollars annually. The awardees achieved total savings of $94.9 billion in 2012, $36.5 billion in 2011, and $36.6 billion in 2010.
Invitations to the Presidential Rank Award Banquet are sent to the winners of the Presidential Rank of Distinguished Executive, heads of federal agencies, congressional representatives and PDL corporate donors.
The black-tie banquet includes a reception, dinner, and program held at the Department of State Diplomatic Rooms. For a full recap of the 2015 banquet, click here.
SEA members are welcome to attend on a space-available basis. We require a $245 donation to help defray expenses.
The Presidential Distinguished Rank Award Banquet would not be possible without the generous support of Professional Development League donors.
To see a list of the accomplishments of some recent Distinguished Rank Award winners, click here.
Past speakers at the awards banquet have included:
- Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Charles Bolden
- Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker
- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
- Administrator of the Small Business Administration Karen Mills
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
- GAO Comptroller General and CEO and President of Peter G. Peterson Foundation David M. Walker
- House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer
- EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson
- Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman
- Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge
- NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe
- Counsel to the President Alberto R. Gonzales
- White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card
- Secretary of Energy Bill Richardson
- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig
- Director of Office of Management and Budget Franklin Raines
- Vice President Al Gore
- Deputy Secretary of Defense John White
- Secretary of the Army Togo West
- White House Deputy Chief of Staff Philip Lader
- EPA Administrator Carol Browner
- Secretary of Health and Human Services Louis Sullivan
- Secretary of Transportation Samuel Skinner
- OPM Director Constance Horner
- Attorney General Edwin Meese